Join us by clicking below. If you’d like to receive email notices of just-released episodes go to our SoundCloud page & click the Follow button top right.
After 4 takes we finally settled on this one. It’s a way to begin an extensive–& sometimes ornery–dialogue between two people, representing at least two worlds. How do we learn to translate, to understand what the Other means, even when only one language is spoken? In these so-called United States, what do conversations founded on consent culture look & sound like? And what needs to be addressed about rape culture & how it’s gotten us this far? What does it mean to be “Indian” or “White” these days? And how can we be better allies, better relatives, to one another?
These questions are not external, intellectual ideas we’ll be discussing. Well they are, but they’re also embedded in how we ask the questions & in how we engage with one another in the process.
Plus we’ll have some amazing guests with us in the coming weeks to explore such topics as:
- Uranium Mines, Pipelines, and All the Gold in the Black Hills
- Pocahontas & Indian Grandmas
- What you Should Know about Wounded Knee
- Standing Rock: Oceti Sakowin, Chaztopia, and Traditional Tribal Governance
- What’s in a Name? Country, Tribal, and Place Names
- Where Are We Now? A Statistical State of Indigenous Peoples Address for 2018
- Nuclear vs. Tribal Family Structures
- Smudge yourself Before you Judge yourself: Living in Ceremony
- Cultural Appropriation: Who has a Right to What?
- Settler Colonialism 101
- Genocide, it’s Not for Everyone
- Nepotism? or just Good Sense? — Understanding Indigenous Hereditary Leadership
- How to Survive and Thrive when you’re ‘That Way’? — Gender, Two-Spirit, Winkte, and the Colonization of Sexuality
- Prairie Niggers, Redskins, and Squaws — Racism Today
- Powa in Movement and Song
- Tobacco and Lace — the Revenge of the First & the Loss of the Last
There’s a wild frontier out here, and it’s Kindness. Love. How do we have these difficult conversations, some of which may be brand new to you, gently?